Translate

Thursday 15 August 2013

Back in the UK for a big hill

 13-08-2013

Arrived in Dover with brake problems, which took most of the day to sort. So whilst the garage waited for parts to be delivered I jumped on my bike and went looking for the nearest hill. That is, if you can count this as a hill? Looks more like a ploughed field to me.
Swinge Hill, 173m P62  

 
I eventually managed to get back on the road and head home re-learning how to drive on the left. My goal - whilst I was away someone had decided that Northamptonshire had an alternative County Top and that it was also a Hump=.

So, after all those European and African Majors and Ultras I was finally going to tackle a Big Hill (236m). No messing around with fancy names like Pic, Puig, Pico, Jebel, Mont, Torre or Tossa - in England we describe our hills as they are., not.
By the time I got to Daventry it was beginning to get dark. Never mind, I could still have a go at finding both the summit and the Staverton trigpoint 500 metres further on.

Big hill summit - bit less crowded than Sancy

Staverton trigpoint

   
Perseids? No, Boveids

Overnight in A45 layby, Daventry (142m)

No comments:

Post a Comment