Translate

Sunday 24 March 2013

West Highland Line

16-03-2013 - 22-03-2013

A cold week, however still quite dry and no snow at lower levels. But, those winds - brrrhh. I seem to have seen a lot of the famous railway line this week - very few trains though (fortunately as it meant I could cross safely).

I passed 1900 Humps total this week - so if I was actually doing Scottish Humps I could start a countdown to the Upper Hall of Fame total of 2000. However,  as I am not, I will not :-)

Not sure why so many pictures of trees.

Sad news came, on the final night of the week, as I was awoken in the early hours by the police asking if I had seen anything of a hill walker, whose car was parked nearby. My hope was that he would have found somewhere sheltered from that bitter wind. Unfortunately, his body was found on Streap the next day. Can be risky this hill walking.

West Highland line

'n 'eadless 'nessa on 'ump, Beinn Odhar Mhor - number 1900
Beinn Mhic Cedidh summit
Sgurr Ghiubsachain
Glas Bheinn trigpoint is not the summit
Glas Bheinn summit with trigpoint in background
Loch Shiel
Rock solid support for independence?
Meall a'Bhainne 
Meall nan Damh - Ben Nevis behind 

Glenfinnan viaduct

No comments:

Post a Comment